Keeping your child safe
Your child is in safe hands at Shene Stage School.
We have a clear commitment to child protection and the safeguarding of our students is of the highest priority.
How we are keeping your child safe during the COVID-19 Pandemic
Please do not send your child to Shene Stage School if they are feeling unwell, a family member or someone in your household are displaying COVID-19 symptoms.
– To minimise risk, students will stay in their allocated class ‘bubbles’ during their time at Shene Stage School.
– All parents/carers are kindly asked to maintain social distancing when arriving at RPA.
– No parents/carers are permitted to enter the building (unless in an emergency).
– Registration will be taken in each group’s classroom to maintain social distancing.
– We will be observing class sizes in line with social distancing.
– Frequent hand washing or hand sanitisation will be undertaken by all upon entry, and between classes, before and after break and toilet visits, and upon exit.
– Hand sanitisers will be in each classroom and the main entrance of RPA.
– Signage regarding hand washing / sanitising will be displayed around RPA.It would be really helpful if you could please ensure your child only brings essential possessions (such as water and any medical needs i.e. EpiPen), and to keep those possessions close to them wherever practicable.
– Non-essential items (such as props and costumes) will not be used for the time being.
– Students will be encouraged to cough or sneeze using the inside of their elbow (like a dab!) to ‘catch it’ or a tissue which should be put into the bin in each room.
– We will be observing the latest social distancing guidance from the UK Government for all of our students where appropriate.
– Our toilet policy has been modified to incorporate social distancing.
– Students are to be collected from the same door they entered the building. Please note that we may need to stagger departure times to ensure social distancing is maintained.
– If for any reason, we are unable to deliver our classes at RPA, we will be offering replacement classes delivered via an online platform such as Zoom where available.
There may be additional safety measures in place which we will make the children aware of. Please note, as Government guidance and policy changes we will be updating safety measures accordingly.